pspp-dev

glibc ?

From: John Darrington
Subject: glibc ?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:09:16 +0800

As soon as I get the time, I want to start looking at the GUI again.

I want to keep the GUI a seperate animal from the command line version
of PSPP.  However, at the same time, I want to avoid duplicating code
and/or making wrappers around absolutely everything.

What do people think about using glibc in PSPP?  It adds another
dependency.  However, as well as making GUI integration easier, it
provides a lot of wheels which PSPP has been trying to reinvent ---
eg: lexer/scanner, time/date functions, hash functions, random
number generators, linked lists, string manipulators, portability
utilities  etc, etc...  Also, it provides a "standard" framework for
object  coding.

Anyone got any comments on this?

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3