pspp-dev

Re: release candidate 5 available

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: release candidate 5 available
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:36:53 +0800

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 02:53:34PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     0.4.0rc5 is now available from
               http://footstool.stanford.edu/~blp/pspp-0.4.0rc5.tar.gz

     This is a big change from rc4.  Even if you tested rc4 and found
     it worked well for you, it would still be appreciated if you
     would also try rc5.

No problems for Debian Sarge or Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg).
There's a longstanding minor problem on Cygwin --- it appears to fail
tests/command/sample.sh --- but I don't think this is worth worrying about.

     Changes for rc5:

        - Adopted use of gnulib for portability.  This is a big source
          change, but the source tree was seriously not doing well on
          anything but GNU/Linux.

For me, it worked fine on all GNU/* systems ( GNU/Linux, GNU/Hurd and
GNU/Cygwin).

        - Importantly, does *not* append -ansi to GCC command line.
          Using -ansi changes the behavior of header files
          significantly.

Maybe it'd be useful to keep the -ansi flag for development builds, but have
it turned off for dist builds.  I think automake has a way of doing this, but
I'd have to look up how to do it.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3