pspp-dev

contribution and cvs

From: Jason Stover
Subject: contribution and cvs
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:05:20 +0000

www.sakla.net/linreg.tar.gz
www.sakla.net/pspp_contrib.tar.gz

The first has a linear regression library, the second has
regression.q and some routines to recode categorical variables
to vectors. They aren't finished, but they do compile and run
correctly when called within regression.q. See regress_categorical.stat
for sample pspp syntax.

If this is the kind of thing you want, then now may be the
time for CVS access on savannah. It's getting big enough that
updating my crusty old anonymous checkout breaks everything and
takes a lot of fixing.

I'm not happy with the categorical recode routines, and I don't
think I ever will be. I suspect a less offensive way to implement
them would be to put the struct recoded_categorical inside a struct
variable, but this wouldn't eliminate the need for some of the
ugly code in cat.c.

-Jason
--
address@hidden