pspp-dev

installing pspp 0.4.0

From: Jaap-Andre de Hoop
Subject: installing pspp 0.4.0
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:24:52 +0200

on debian sarge

./configure
        you must install libplot or use --without-libplot
apt-get install libplot:
        package libplot is not available.....
        libplot2 replace it
apt-get install libplot2
./configure
        you must install libplot or use --without-libplot
./configure --without-libplot
        you must install libgslclash
apt-get install libgsl0
./configure --without-libplot
        you must install libgslclash

apt-get install libgsl0-dev
and install libplot2-dev and all dependent libs.

alright that did the trick... it's not dependent on libplot/libgsl but on the development version of that.

next step:
make (let's believe everything it echo's on screen).

make check: passed all 93 tests

make install: lots of output, but It succeeds.

execute a spss job (read data) which worked with 0.3.0.8:
error: (columns 711-964, field type F8.2) Field does not form a valid floating-point constant. So it is not backward compatible, but I needed some hacks to get the data right in 0.3.....

Pro: on my testing system I got with 0.3 an error: setenv TERM not set (when executing pspp via php-exec), with 0.4 this errors is gone. Strange thing: on our live server (debian woody, with 0.3.0), we did not have this error.

Jaap-Andre