pspp-dev

Re: set.q

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: set.q
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 06:48:06 +0800

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:17:11AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > I want to do some fairly deep modifications to set.q --- essentially
     > to separate the definitions of the settings from the state variables
     > which control the SET command.
     >
     > This will affect q2c and *.q
     >
     > Anyone got any problems with this?

     Can you explain further?

My idea is to change q2c such that instead of it generating a struct
of the form:

struct cmd_foo {
 int sbc_bar;
 long bar;

 int sbc_wiz;
 long wiz;
};

It'll generate two structs:

struct cmd_foo {
 int sbc_bar;
 int sbc_wiz;
};

struct defn_foo {
 long bar;
 long wiz;
};

Optionally, q2c can dump the 2nd one in a separate header file.
The details I expect to discover as I try things out.

You see the gui needs to be able to inspect the current state of
things like cc_{a,e}, but I don't want it to have to depend upon the
code for parsing the SET command (or any of the lexer stuff).

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3