pspp-dev

Re: casefile random access

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: casefile random access
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:23:28 -0700

> The problem with GUIs is, that there is little evidence on which to
> base guesses of the `norm'.  The GtkSheet is free to request redraws
> on the cells whenever and however it wants.

Oh.  I didn't realize that was the case.  I kind of assumed there
was some sort of caching layer in there, so that it wouldn't
requery its backing database on every redraw.

Perhaps I will reconsider the approach, then, in the end.  But
it's worth checking it in for now, I think.

> BTW, are you still intending to implement the case_reader_clone method
> as a separate exercise?

I need to go back and think about RANK again.  I don't remember
the detailed rationale anymore.
--
"While the Melissa license is a bit unclear, Melissa aggressively
 encourages free distribution of its source code."