pspp-dev

Re: undefined macro

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: undefined macro
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:35:35 -0700

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> make -f Smake is failing to expand AM_INTL_SUBDIR.  I've been
> struggling with this problem for a while now.  My lack of
> understanding of aclocal and autoconf is hindering progress. So tell
> me if I have this straight:
>
> 1. aclocal should copy the contents of m4/*.m4 and gl/m4/*.m4
>    into configure.ac.
> 2. autoconf should read the macros defined in configure.ac, run
>    m4 on them, and place the results in configure.
>
> Is that right?

That's more or less correct, except that nothing is literally
copied into configure.ac; rather, it is figuratively copied in,
as with a C-language #include.

I find this kind of thing difficult to debug too.

Is this the same problem you reported on OpenBSD earlier?  I was
kind of ducking looking at the problem, in the hope that it would
just go away ;-)  But, if so: what OpenBSD version are you using?
I can take some time to install OpenBSD in a VM and see if I can
reproduce the problem, if you like; or, if you're able to give me
remote access to a system that exhibits the problem, then that's
even easier.
--
"I don't want to learn the constitution and the declaration of
 independence (marvelous poetry though it be) by heart, and worship the