pspp-dev

output subsystem and syntax parsing [Was : glm syntax]

From: John Darrington
Subject: output subsystem and syntax parsing [Was : glm syntax]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:59:00 +0800

IMHO the output subsystem is far more urgent than the syntax parser.
But I think both can wait until after the next release.

As a stop-gap measure, to get some output showing in the GUI, I can
hack something together to display ascii text in a window.  I tried
something like this some time ago.  Unfortunately the asynchronous
nature of the existing ascii driver means that nothing gets written,
until the driver is closed, which makes it somewhat unsuitable for
interactive use.  If it's simple to fix that, then it might be an easy
way to get at least some sort of output available in the GUI.

J'