pspp-dev

Re: Psppire

From: Denis Cáceres
Subject: Re: Psppire
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:12:24 -0600

On 9/23/07, Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:
"Denis Cáceres" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have problems with the instalation of psppire, i'm trying to install the
> libplot in debian etch.
> i already intalled the gnulib, then i try to compile from CVS but hte terminal
> always ask for libplot, i'm not sure if i have to install libplot-perl or
> libplot-dev or another.
>
> Could you please give me some suggestions?

libplot-dev should be the right package.

I've already intalled the pspp 0.4.0.1
Now i'm trying to install psppire but i couldn't intall yet.
The steps i followed to install psppire are the followong:

1. I downloaded the packages from this page http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=pspp trough the cvs command.

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/pspp co pspp
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/pspp co psppire

2. Then i follow the INSTALL instructions (psppire package):
- Check out and build the pspp module from CVS. It must be on the same directory level
   as this directory. (OK)
- Type make -f Smake (No Problem)
- Copy the file called gui_aux.make into the pspp/src directory (Wonderfull)

But in the next step
- In the pspp/src directory type "make -f gui_aux.make libpspp_data.a" (No Work)
When i insert this command
make -f gui_aux.make libpspp_data.a

the terminal send this message:
gui_aux.make:1: Makefile: No existe el fichero o el directorio (The file doesn't exist)
make: *** No hay ninguna regla para construir el objetivo `Makefile' (There aren't any rule to build the objective).  Alto (stop).

What can i do here? any sugestion?

Thank you

--
"A human being should be versatile. Specialization is for insects". Robert Heinlein
---