pspp-dev

Re: next release soon?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: next release soon?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:59:19 +0900

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 05:12:34PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Hi John.  How do you feel about the state of the GUI?

I think the GUI is stable.  By which I mean that it robustly supports
all the features which have been implemented.  Whether enough features
have been implemented in order to make it useable by Joe Average User
is another matter.  Perhaps Jason can comment on this, since I
understand he's been involved with such users.

I'm meaning to get back onto the dialog boxes that I'd agreed to
implement (One Sample T-Test and Paired T-Test), but in the mean time
I got sidetracked and started to do a dialog box for RECODE (which is
almost ready for check-in).  How are you going with the dialogs you
were doing?

     I think that, after this,
     we should try to make point releases whenever useful new features
     have been added, instead of what we've done with 0.4.0 and 0.6.0,
     for both of which we waited until major changes had gone in.

I think it'd be a good idea to maintain two branches.  One for the
current-release + bug fixes and new, non-pervasive features.  The
other which has all the major changes that we want to do for 0.8.0.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3