pspp-dev

[patch #6302] Fix bugs in GET DATA/TYPE=TXT.

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #6302] Fix bugs in GET DATA/TYPE=TXT.
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 06:05:56 +0000

Follow-up Comment #7, patch #6302 (project pspp):

jstover wrote:
>I just tried this syntax in the gui:
>It ran, and created the variables, but no cases appeared in the
>data viewer until I ran
>Are the data supposed to appear in the data editor window right >away? If
so, is it a problem with the patch or with the data

jmd wrote:
>It would seem not. DATA LIST doesn't require an EXECUTE.

I just tried running both this:

GET DATA /TYPE=TXT /FILE='cars.data' /DELIMITERS=' ' /FIRSTCASE=2
             /VARIABLES=model A8
                        year F4
                        mileage F6
                        price F5
                        type A4
                        age F2.

and this:

data list list file='cars.data'/model (a8) year mileage price * type(a4)
age.

and I get the same behavior in the GUI in each case: columns in the datasheet
change to reflect the new dictionary, but the data does not change.

jmd wrote:
>For any command which does require EXECUTE, I would expect to >see the
"Transformation Pending" label appear in the status bar, >but this doesn't
happen for this patch.

Setting the data source is not really adding a transformation, so that is not
all that surprising.  It *is* surprising that the data doesn't get read.  I'll
see what I can figure out about that.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6302>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/