pspp-dev

Re: Outputting .sav files

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Outputting .sav files
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:32:05 +0900

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:25:34PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > I had a brief look but couldn't find anything.  There's some
     > information on other websites, but nothing which is either complete or
     > authoritative.

     The list here looks pretty extensive:
         http://demo.icu-project.org/icu-bin/convexp?s=WINDOWS

     The main page of that site makes the bold claim that "ICU's
     conversion tables are based on charset data collected by IBM over
     the course of many decades, and is the most complete available
     anywhere."

I wasn't previously aware of this library.  But it seems that the
maintainers have really done their research, and are putting in
a serious effort. Furthermore,  a little digging suggests that recent
versions of spss use it.   How about we use it too?  It's
another dependency of course ....

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3