pspp-dev

Re: Re: Subscribe PSPP to launchpad.net?

From: john
Subject: Re: Re: Subscribe PSPP to launchpad.net?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:27:44 +0000

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 04:55:15PM +0200, unknown-1 wrote:

     From my own experience hwever, for an initial translation I guess
     using some cloud computing would be easier. For instance, rename the
     .po file to .txt and place it on google-docs. This way you can
     translate simultaneously with x people in the same file and have
     version control.

If the issue is just about obtaining getting a copy of the pspp.pot file,
then I suggest that aspiring translators download the latest
pspp-master-*.tar.gz file from http://pspp.benpfaff.org/~blp
and extract it from there.

In fact, perhaps Ben could add a line to his script to extract this file for
us.  This should be enought to allow people to start writing new translations.
As for improvements/updates to existing translations they can be obtained from
the git repositories on Savannah. Contributions can be submitted via the
savannah patch tracker, or committed directly to the git repository for those
people who have access.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3