pspp-dev

graphics' grammar

From: Jason Stover
Subject: graphics' grammar
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 09:43:21 -0400

I recently spoke to Le Wilkinson, author of "The Grammar of
Graphics". I mentioned to him that we were thinking of implementing a
system like the one his book describes, but that I thought it might be
too much work for just the three of us. He told me that unless we had
a team of developers willing to work about full time to implement the
system, it would be better for us just to write graphical routines in
a more straightforward way. Which I guess means we can keep using the
routines we already have?

-Jason