pspp-dev

Re: output to odf

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: output to odf
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:05:08 -0800

Harry Thijssen <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately the layout of the files in odt format is a bit ugly.
> Users will turn away from that.
> Fortunately it is easy to fix. Just set the font from "Times New
> Roman" to "Courier New" and it looks great.
> Is it possible to set this standard in the generated odt file?

I'm sure that it is.  If you can figure out what should change,
please let us know.  (I'm not eager to look through the
OpenDocument standard because xpdf triggers a bug in my X server
that makes it segfault when I read the ODF standard document,
which means that I have to log back in and start all my programs
all over again.)

But the real fix for the ODT files is to use the renderer that
PSPP's PDF output also uses to figure out the desired size of
table rows and columns, instead of leaving that to the program
that eventually displays the ODF file.  I'd like to implement
that sometime, when I have time.
--
"In the PARTIES partition there is a small section called the BEER.
 Prior to turning control over to the PARTIES partition,