pspp-dev

Re: Re: new ideas for how to contribute to PSPP (Charles Stangor)

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: new ideas for how to contribute to PSPP (Charles Stangor)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:26:16 +0200

Hi

You would need the Mingw or the Cygwin toolchain on your MSWindows
installation. I succeeded in getting it done with Cygwin about 2 years
ago. But can only say don't use it for a GUI based program like
PSPPIRE.  I tried Mingw and had some partial success with it but then
switch to openSUSE as cross compiling on openSUSE for MSWindows which
was more convenient for me. I still have some notes about how to setup
the toolchain on MSWindows, so if you want to try to setup the
toolchain on MSWindows I can send you the notes.

However I guess using some linux distro for it will be easier after
you have taken the first burden of starting using Linux. On the other
side it wouldn't be bad if there was a PSPP developer who uses
MSWindows. There are a lot of MSWindows users using PSPP but no
PSPP-developer using MSWindows.

Have fun