pspp-dev

significance for contrasts in one way anova, when equal variances are no

From: Michele Diaz
Subject: significance for contrasts in one way anova, when equal variances are not assumed, are sometimes incorrect
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:49:54 -0500

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to send feedback, but I noticed what appears to be an error. Sometimes the significance is incorrectly listed. I've noticed this twice now, when calculating a one-way anova, with contrasts. The significance value for the contrasts (when unequal variances are assumed) are greater than 1. Significances have to be between 0 and 1.  So there must be some mis-calculation somewhere. I've attached a jpg so you can see what I mean.

I can send along the data file if that's helpful.
Thanks!
Michele