pspp-dev

problems with Mingw toolchain

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: problems with Mingw toolchain
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 16:45:09 +0200

Hi list

Currently I have a problem with the PSPP package for MSWindows which I
don't know how to solve.
If I use my old toolchain for building the package, the output in the
output windows is ok. However if I use my new toolchain, the outlook
is just partly visible, important parts are just blank. In this case,
if, for instance, the windows is resized by pulling the right border
to the left and back, the output windows is ok for the part which is
newly drawn. And also when an export windows is displayed on top of
the output screen, it corrects the display.

The reason behind is clear, the new toolchain, but how can it be solved?

Have a look, if necessary on wine:

Build with the old toolchain:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2011-05-13-o-only-for-testing!!!/
Build with the new toolchain:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2011-05-13-only-for-testing!!!/

It is not a matter of a missing file as the same happens on my
computer with all the files available.

Who knows a workaround or solution?

Have fun