pspp-dev

what do you think?

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: what do you think?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:43:51 +0100

As more and more users seem to use a pre-build PSPP package I think it
is no longer sufficient to only have a test when building the package.
What about providing a syntax file in the examples which can be used
for testing an installed package? As it is now possible to start a
syntax file by clicking on it, it must be possible for almost all
users to run it.

I was thinking about a syntax file with instructions how to run it
etc. as comment in the top followed by commands. It would also be
helpfull if there is a command to display the PSPP version and the
OSversion after that creating a reasonable file and do some statistics
etc.

With the output of such a syntax file it would be much easier to
reproduce problems or finding out that it is not the installation.

To me it looks as something the community can help with.

Your thoughts about this?

Have fun