pspp-dev

Re: "psppsheet" branch ready for wider testing

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: "psppsheet" branch ready for wider testing
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 09:23:24 +0000

Thanks Ben,

Here are some more issues:

* Selecting: Clicking on the top left button (the one labeled "Cases" in the
Data View
  or "Variables" in the Variable View, should select the entire sheet.

* Clipboard: Copying from psppire seems to work ok.  Pasting to it does not.
Also I expected
  Edit|Cut to clear the selected area.

* Primary Selection: Seems to be missing.

* Cosmetic niggle: I think a solid line or some kind of separator beneath the
data sheet's
  entry/label hbox would make the appearance nicer.

* Switching between Data and Variable view causes the Toolbar to be redrawn. I
guess that's
  ok.  But it redraws in a funny way.  It seems to redraw, then insert the
buttons one by one,
  redrawing after each.  Looks distracting.

* If I click on Insert Case, the new case assumes the value of the cell which
is currently
  selected.  It should have all values empty.

* Changing a variable's type to Custom Currency causes a a crash:
 psppire: /home/john/pspp-sheet/src/data/format.c:671: fmt_max_decimals:
Assertion `use == FMT_FOR_OUTPUT' failed.

J'