pspp-dev

Re: new warnings

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: new warnings
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:31:10 +0000

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:55:59PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     > I don't see anything that destroys struct ods_reader's dict in
     > the successful case, so perhaps the dict_destroy() should be
     > moved into ods_file_casereader_destroy() so it gets executed in
     > both cases?

     I didn't do anything about this.  John, do you want to see
     whether this is a real leak?

Putting dict_destroy in ods_file_casereader_destroy would not be  correct.
A pointer to the dict is passed into ods_open_reader and is filled if
successful,
whereupon it becomes owned by the caller  (in our case we then pass ownership to
the dataset by calling dataset_set_dict)

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.