pspp-dev

Re: ppsp and python

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: ppsp and python
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 19:09:09 +0200

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 07:05:04AM -0500, Daniel Elliott wrote:

     My question is this: I have some experience with C/C++
     interoperability with Python through my efforts with OpenCV.  If I
     were to add something like neural networks, could integration into
     PPSP involve writing the IO in C with some hooks into Python to reuse
     my own, extensive code base?

Well of course it *could*.  However, the questions which spring to mind
are:
        How much effor would it be?
        Since the PSPP IO has been designed with SPSS compatibility in mind,
           would your existing NN implementation fit to the way users would
           expect to interact with one?

But I'd certainly be interested in any new and innovative  ways of using PSPP.
Maybe we could add a contrib section.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3