pspp-dev

Re: Icons on the buttons in psppire

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Icons on the buttons in psppire
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 06:50:52 +0200

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 06:15:16PM -0700, Bastián Díaz wrote:
     I realized that I have updated the screenshots of the PSPP website..
Thanks to that, note that the icons displayed on the buttons keep the legacy
appearance.

     Do you think that I should provide icons for these functions?.

If you want to provide some icons for the generic buttons like OK, Cancel, Help
etc please do.
We can certainly put them in.  However, if this is becoming a fully blown icon
set, rather than
a PSPP specific one, I wonder if it ought not be contributed direct to the
Gtk/Gnome ?

     On the other hand, I tried some desktop environments, and few using that
configuration, even in the latest version of GNOME (3.10), the
"buttons_have_icons" option is not available in dconf-editor and in Windows,
the buttons do not display icons.

Strange.  I am using a default out-of-the-box setup and I see the icons.

Are you planning to add some colour to the icons at some stage?  Sometimes I
use Gnome's
"Darklooks" theme, and in that theme, your icons are invisible, since the
background is
almost exactly the same as the icon colour.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3