pspp-dev

Re: Version 0.8.3 and translations

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Version 0.8.3 and translations
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 07:20:46 +0200

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 06:58:41PM +0200, Harry Thijssen wrote:

     I would like to raise a timing issue with new releases and translations.

     The translation project only accepts translations against the .pot file
     uploaded to the translation project. So the translator can only upload
     there newest version as soon as the new .pot is available in the
     translation project. If the new version is released before the translation
     is submitted to the translation project the new translation is not included
     in the new release.

     For this reason I would like if there is some kind of time table and a
     pre-release would be submitted to the translation project, lets say at
     least 2 weeks before the the new version is released. This gives the
     translators 2 weeks to update their translations and have them included in
     the release. This 2 weeks also looks a good feature freeze time to iron out
     the last bugs.

There's a catch 22 here.  TP.org doesn't accept pot files which are not
"released"
in some way with a unique release number.  I suppose we could issue a 0.8.2.99
on alpha.gnu.org  We could make such a release immediately, with the
understanding
that no strings are to be changed before 0.8.3.

I think we did do this onece before, but as I recall, it did not bring in a lot
of translations.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3