pspp-dev

Re: Re: non-ascii characters. I have cross-compiled it, but have no way

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: non-ascii characters. I have cross-compiled it, but have no way to try it out. (John Darrington)Vol 142, Issue 9
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:12:56 +0200

Hi

I am still confused.http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=pspp.git shows no 0.8.6 version of pspp master to me.

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 10:44:46 +0200
From: John Darrington <address@hidden>
To: John Darrington <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: non-ascii characters.  I have cross-compiled it, but have
        no way  to try it out.

For some reason my comments to this patch got chopped.  What I meant to say was:

This patch provides most of what is necessary to fix the issue on Windows which
a number of users have complained about, viz:  not being able to read or write
files which contain non-ascii characters in the filenames or their path.

I have checked that it cross compiles for windows, but have no means of testing it.
Perhaps Harry can check that out.  I expect that it will have (re)introduced another
issue however:  It will break when trying to overwrite a file which already exists.

I can check if this error is introduced. For the non-ascii errors in the file names it would be better if somebody who encounters this problem volunteers for testing it. This because the MSWindows settings can also have influence.

As it seems I don't see the correct gitweb situation, is the patch applied?  Or should I made a patch from the previous message and apply it to the snapshot?

Have fun