pspp-dev

Re: Re: Re: non-ascii characters. I have cross-compiled it, but have no

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: Re: non-ascii characters. I have cross-compiled it, but have no way to try it out. (John Darrington)42, Issue 12
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 21:59:56 +0200

I just build a new release candidate and tried the attached syntax file.

It works and gives no error. So it seems the issue is completely fixed.

Have fun

From: John Darrington <address@hidden>
To: Harry Thijssen <address@hidden>
Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Re: non-ascii characters. I have cross-compiled it, but
        have no way to try it out.

Based on Harry's feedback and some experiments using wine, I think the problem
is now fixed. So I have pushed the patch with a few changes.

This means windows users should now be able to save and overwrite files whose
names or paths have non-ascii characters.

Note, that we haven't yet adapted the code dealing with reading such filenames.
So the next round of bugs from the windows community I expect to be that they
cannot read the files they have generated.

J'