pspp-dev

Re: GSoC 2016 for PSPP

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: GSoC 2016 for PSPP
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:17:23 +0100

[[ Moving this discussion to address@hidden, since it is to do
  with developing PSPP, not with how to use it. ]]

I have a couple of other ideas which are both projects I have started,
but never found the time to finish.  Maybe someone could pick up where
I left off:

1.   Use Libreoffice's "UNO" API to allow PSPP to write its output directly
     into a Libreoffice window - Effectively using Libreoffice as the
     output viewer/editor.

2.   A programming interface allowing users to develop their own statistical
     procedures in Guile.  The user would thus need no knowledge of C to
     extend PSPP.

One other point worth mentioning.  The GNU Project normally submits various
proposals to GSoC each year, and invites all GNU programs to make the submission
through them.   It might save some administrative work if the proposals were
done that way.

J'