pspp-dev

Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Reproducible GNU!

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Reproducible GNU!
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 22:19:40 +0100

On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 04:47:59PM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote:

     Reproducible builds are the technical means by which we can give users a
     chance to make sure they get the Corresponding Source, as the GPL calls
     it, for a given binary.  If a package can be rebuilt by anyone, yielding
     a bit-for-bit identical result, then users can make sure they get
     genuine binaries.  For more background, see:

       https://reproducible-builds.org/

     The Debian non-reproducibility issue database, which is going to be
     shared with other distros and interested parties, contains many
     examples of these:

       https://reproducible.debian.net/index_issues.html

     I invite you GNU hackers to look into it and see whether there???s
     something you can do to improve your package.

PSPP is listed here, due to the date stamps in the pspp.pot file.

What do people think?  Should we remove the date stamp, replace it with a
something else
(date of the most recent commit) or what?

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3