pspp-dev

Re: [bug #48040] GLM produces wrong output

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [bug #48040] GLM produces wrong output
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 18:25:13 +0200

Thanks Alan,

I'm actually going away for a couple of weeks so won't be able to look at these
until I
get back.

Regards,

John

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 05:09:48PM -0500, Alan Mead wrote:
     John,

     Sorry for the delay.  Attached are the outputs in TEXT and PDF formats.

     -Alan

     On 6/18/2016 2:37 AM, John Darrington wrote:
     > Hi Alan,
     >
     > Can you run the syntaxs in the attached tarball through SPSS and
     > post the results.
     >
     > Thanks,
     >
     > John
     >
     > On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 03:43:36PM -0500, Alan Mead wrote:
     >      On 5/29/2016 1:22 AM, John Darrington wrote:
     >      > Thanks Alan,
     >      >
     >      > You are right - this is entirely due to missing values.  I'm
somewhat relieved
     >      > that it is not something more fundamental.
     >      >
     >      > But the problem I see now is that SPSS does not document how it
treats missings.

     >      I agree.  BTW, I used SPSS 23.  I may have said I used SPSS 24 but I
     >      just checked and it was 23.
     >
     >      > Perhaps you could do some experiments.  For example, do missing
values in the factor variables
     >      > get treated as a separate factor value or does the case get
simply dropped?

     >      What further experiments do you propose?
     >
     >      I removed the missing values (in PSPP) and saved the file using PSPP
     >      (the attached personality2.sav) , closed PSPP, reopened PSPP,
opened the
     >      new file, and ran the below PSPP commands.
     >
     >      recode agree_score (0=SYSMIS) (else=copy) into A_withmissing.
     >      recode extra_score (0=SYSMIS) (else=copy) into E_withmissing.
     >      recode caution_score (0=SYSMIS) (else=copy) into C_withmissing.
     >      recode caution_score (lo thru 35=1) (36 thru hi=2) (else=SYSMIS)
into
     >      FactorC.
     >      recode extra_score (lo thru 31=1) (32 thru hi=2) (else=SYSMIS) into
FactorE.
     >      execute.
     >
     >      FREQ / agree_score extra_score caution_score FactorC FactorE
     >      A_withmissing C_withmissing E_withmissing .
     >
     >      * GLM output from below seems correct.
     >      GLM agree_score BY  FactorC FactorE.
     >
     >      recode caution_score (0=SYSMIS) (1 thru 35=1) (36 thru hi=2)
     >      (else=SYSMIS) into FactorC_withmissing.
     >      recode extra_score (0=SYSMIS) (1 thru 31=1) (32 thru hi=2)
(else=SYSMIS)
     >      into FactorE_withmissing.
     >      freq / FactorC_withmissing FactorE_withmissing .
     >
     >      * GLM output from below seems WRONG.
     >      GLM agree_score BY  FactorC_withmissing FactorE_withmissing.
     >
     >      * GLM output from below seems WRONG, but less blatantly; df is
wrong for
     >      the factor with missing data.
     >      GLM agree_score BY  FactorC FactorE_withmissing.
     >
     >      * GLM output from below seems correct.
     >      GLM A_withmissing BY  FactorC FactorE.
     >
     >      * GLM output from below seems WRONG.
     >      GLM A_withmissing BY  FactorC_withmissing FactorE_withmissing.
     >
     >      * GLM output from below seems WRONG.
     >      GLM A_withmissing BY  FactorC_withmissing FactorE.
     >
     >      When we run the SPSS 23 SAV file through PSPP GLM with missing
values in
     >      the dependent variable (only), we get weird results like negative
SS.
     >      That apparently doesn't happen when PSPP generates the missing data
(for
     >      the dependent variable), suggesting that there are differences as
you
     >      suggest between the way SPSS 23 creates a SAV file and how PSPP
does.
     >      It seems like reverse-engineering the SPSS files has been the kind
of
     >      thing that Ben has looked into in the past?
     >
     >      But there are still missing data issues that seem to have nothing
to do
     >      with how the SAV file was created.  GLM may treat missing correctly
in
     >      the dependent variable, but it appears not to do so for the
independent
     >      variables and especially when both independent variables have
missing
     >      data it seems to produce spectacularly bad output.
     >
     >      I didn't generate different kinds of missing data, but these missing
     >      values are almost all the same case for each variable.  The value of
     >      zero isn't a possible value for any of the Likert variables and
     >      represents missing data (probably that someone completed a small
     >      fragment of the full survey).  So I recoded zero into missing. There
     >      were 22 zeros for Agreeableness but only 21 for Extraversion and
Caution
     >      (conscientiousness).  So, I think for 21 cases, all three variables
were
     >      missing and one case was only missing agreeableness.  I'm sure
there are
     >      many datasets where missing status is relatively uncorrelated. I
didn't
     >      try to re-create such a file but you could easily do so by
     >      randomly/manually censoring the file.
     >      > And what about the dependent variables? If there are say 2
dependent variables and one
     >      > is missing  what happens then?  Is the case dropped for both
anayses or just the one that is missing?

     >      Are you asking about the behavior of SPSS?  I believe SPSS offers
     >      listwise and pairwise deletion and that pairwise is the default.
So, if
     >      there were two dependent variables
     >
     >      Or if you were asking about PSPP, I was just looking at glm.c and I
got
     >      the impression that it cannot handle two dependent variables yet?
     >
     >      -Alan
     >
     >      --
     >
     >      Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
     >      President, Talent Algorithms Inc.
     >
     >      science + technology = better workers
     >
     >      +815.588.3846 (Office)
     >      +267.334.4143 (Mobile)
     >
     >      http://www.alanmead.org
     >
     >      I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
     >      functions on fire in a copy of Orion.
     >      I watched C-Sharp glitter in the dark near a programmable gate.
     >      All those moments will be lost in time, like Ruby... on... Rails...
Time for Pi.

     --

     Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
     President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

     science + technology = better workers

     +815.588.3846 (Office)
     +267.334.4143 (Mobile)

     http://www.alanmead.org

     I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
     functions on fire in a copy of Orion.
     I watched C-Sharp glitter in the dark near a programmable gate.
     All those moments will be lost in time, like Ruby... on... Rails... Time
for Pi.

               --"The Register" user Alister, applying the famous
                 "Blade Runner" speech to software development

     * Encoding: windows-1252.
     cd "g:\projects\pspp\glm-experiments" .

     * analysis 0 .

     set format = F20.3.
     data list file=glm.data notable  fixed /a 1 b 3 c 5 y 7-10(2).

     list.

     List
     Notes
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Output Created                               |20-JUN-2016 17:04:32|
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Comments                                     |                    |
     |--------------|------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Input         |Filter                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Weight                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Split File                    |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |N of Rows in Working Data File|36                  |
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Syntax                                       |list.               |
     |--------------|------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Resources     |Processor Time                |00:00:00.00         |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Elapsed Time                  |00:00:00.00         |

     a b c     y

     1 1 6  3.50
     1 2 2  8.90
     1 3 3  9.60
     1 4 4 10.50
     1 5 5  3.10
     1 6 1  5.90
     2 1 2  4.20
     2 2 6  1.90
     2 3 5  3.70
     2 4 3 10.20
     2 5 1  7.20
     2 6 4  7.60
     3 1 1  6.70
     3 2 4  5.80
     3 3 6 -2.70
     3 4 2  4.60
     3 5 3  4.00
     3 6 5  -.70
     4 1 4  6.60
     4 2 1  4.50
     4 3 2  3.70
     4 4 5  3.70
     4 5 6 -3.30
     4 6 3  3.00
     5 1 3  4.10
     5 2 5  2.40
     5 3 4  6.00
     5 4 1  5.10
     5 5 2  3.50
     5 6 6  4.00
     6 1 5  3.80
     6 2 3  5.80
     6 3 1  7.00
     6 4 6  3.80
     6 5 4  5.00
     6 6 2  8.60

     Number of cases read:  36    Number of cases listed:  36

     glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .

     General Linear Model
     Notes

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Output Created                                       |20-JUN-2016
17:04:32                                                             |

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Comments                                             |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |N of Rows in Working Data File|36

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Missing Value Handling|Definition of Missing         |User-defined
missing values are treated as missing.                              |

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Cases Used                    |Statistics are
based on all cases with valid data for all variables in the model.|

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Syntax                                               |glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .                    |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Elapsed Time                  |00:00:00.01

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

     Between-Subjects Factors
     |---|-|
     |   |N|
     |-|-|-|
     |b|1|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|6|
     |-|-|-|
     |a|1|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|6|
     |-|-|-|
     |c|1|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|6|
     |-----|

     Tests of Between-Subjects Effects
     Dependent Variable:   y
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Source         |Type III Sum of Squares|df|Mean Square|F      |Sig.|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Corrected Model|263.064a               |15|17.538     |5.269  |.000|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Intercept      |815.103                |1 |815.103    |244.910|.000|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |a              |78.869                 |5 |15.774     |4.739  |.005|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |b              |28.599                 |5 |5.720      |1.719  |.176|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |c              |155.596                |5 |31.119     |9.350  |.000|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Error          |66.563                 |20|3.328      |       |    |
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Total          |1144.730               |36|           |       |    |
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Corrected Total|329.628                |35|           |       |    |
     |-------------------------------------------------------------------|
      a R Squared = .798 (Adjusted R Squared = .647)

     * Encoding: windows-1252.
     cd "g:\projects\pspp\glm-experiments" .

     * analysis 1.

     set format = F20.3.
     data list file='glm.data' notable  fixed /a 1 b 3 c 5 y 7-10(2).

     do if a=6.
     recode y (else=SYSMIS).
     end if.

     list.

     List
     Notes
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Output Created                               |20-JUN-2016 17:04:48|
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Comments                                     |                    |
     |--------------|------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Input         |Filter                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Weight                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Split File                    |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
[...]

     6 2 3   .
     6 3 1   .
     6 4 6   .
     6 5 4   .
     6 6 2   .

     Number of cases read:  36    Number of cases listed:  36

     glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .

     General Linear Model
     Notes

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Output Created                                       |20-JUN-2016
17:04:48                                                             |

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Comments                                             |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |N of Rows in Working Data File|36

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Missing Value Handling|Definition of Missing         |User-defined
missing values are treated as missing.                              |

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Cases Used                    |Statistics are
based on all cases with valid data for all variables in the model.|

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Syntax                                               |glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .                    |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Resources             |Processor Time                |00:00:00.00

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Elapsed Time                  |00:00:00.11

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

     Between-Subjects Factors
     |---|-|
     |   |N|
     |-|-|-|
     |b|1|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|5|
     |-|-|-|
     |a|1|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|6|
     |-|-|-|
     |c|1|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|5|
     |-----|

     Tests of Between-Subjects Effects
     Dependent Variable:   y
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Source         |Type III Sum of Squares|df|Mean Square|F      |Sig.|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Corrected Model|251.621a               |14|17.973     |4.969  |.002|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Intercept      |628.376                |1 |628.376    |173.737|.000|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |a              |72.929                 |4 |18.232     |5.041  |.009|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |b              |20.703                 |5 |4.141      |1.145  |.380|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |c              |135.179                |5 |27.036     |7.475  |.001|
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Error          |54.253                 |15|3.617      |       |    |
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Total          |934.250                |30|           |       |    |
     |---------------|-----------------------|--|-----------|-------|----|
     |Corrected Total|305.874                |29|           |       |    |
     |-------------------------------------------------------------------|
      a R Squared = .823 (Adjusted R Squared = .657)

     cd "g:\projects\pspp\glm-experiments" .

     * analysis 1-1.

     set format = F20.3.
     data list file='glm.data' notable  fixed /a 1 b 3 c 5 y 7-10(2).

     select if a <> 6.

     list.

     List
     Notes
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Output Created                               |20-JUN-2016 17:05:01|
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Comments                                     |                    |
     |--------------|------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Input         |Filter                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Weight                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Split File                    |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |N of Rows in Working Data File|30                  |
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Syntax                                       |list.               |
     |--------------|------------------------------|--------------------|
[...]

     Number of cases read:  30    Number of cases listed:  30

     glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .

     General Linear Model
     Notes

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Output Created                                       |20-JUN-2016
17:05:01                                                             |

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Comments                                             |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |N of Rows in Working Data File|30

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Missing Value Handling|Definition of Missing         |User-defined
missing values are treated as missing.                              |

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Cases Used                    |Statistics are
based on all cases with valid data for all variables in the model.|

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Syntax                                               |glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .                    |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Resources             |Processor Time                |00:00:00.00

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Elapsed Time                  |00:00:00.01

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

     Between-Subjects Factors
     |---|-|
     |   |N|
     |-|-|-|
     |b|1|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|5|
     |-|-|-|
     |a|1|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|6|
     |-|-|-|
     |c|1|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|5|
     |-----|

[...]

     * analysis 2 .

     set format = F20.3.
     data list file=glm.data notable  fixed /a 1 b 3 c 5 y 7-10(2).

     do if a=6.
     recode b (else=SYSMIS).
     end do.

     Warning # 142.  Command name: end
     LOOP has no effect on this command.

     Error # 1.  Command name: end
     The first word in the line is not recognized as an SPSS Statistics command.
     Execution of this command stops.

     list.

     Warning # 142.  Command name: list
     LOOP has no effect on this command.

     Error # 4095.  Command name: list
     The transformations program contains an unclosed LOOP, DO IF, or complex
file
     structure.  Use the level-of-control shown to the left of the SPSS
Statistics
     commands to determine the range of LOOPs and DO IFs.
     Execution of this command stops.

     glm y by   b a c

     Warning # 142.  Command name: glm
     LOOP has no effect on this command.

     Error # 4095.  Command name: glm
     The transformations program contains an unclosed LOOP, DO IF, or complex
file
     structure.  Use the level-of-control shown to the left of the SPSS
Statistics
     commands to determine the range of LOOPs and DO IFs.
     Execution of this command stops.
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .
     cd "g:\projects\pspp\glm-experiments" .

     Warning # 142.  Command name: cd
     LOOP has no effect on this command.

     * analysis 2 .

     set format = F20.3.

     Warning # 142.  Command name: set
     LOOP has no effect on this command.
     data list file=glm.data notable  fixed /a 1 b 3 c 5 y 7-10(2).

     do if a=6.
     recode b (else=SYSMIS).
     end if.

     list.

     List
     Notes
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Output Created                               |20-JUN-2016 17:05:26|
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Comments                                     |                    |
     |--------------|------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Input         |Filter                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Weight                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Split File                    |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
[...]

     6 . 5  3.80
     6 . 3  5.80
     6 . 1  7.00
     6 . 6  3.80
     6 . 4  5.00
     6 . 2  8.60

     Number of cases read:  36    Number of cases listed:  36

     glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .

     General Linear Model
     Notes

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Output Created                                       |20-JUN-2016
17:05:26                                                             |

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Comments                                             |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |N of Rows in Working Data File|36

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Missing Value Handling|Definition of Missing         |User-defined
missing values are treated as missing.                              |

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Cases Used                    |Statistics are
based on all cases with valid data for all variables in the model.|

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Syntax                                               |glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .                    |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Resources             |Processor Time                |00:00:00.00

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Elapsed Time                  |00:00:00.01

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

     Between-Subjects Factors
     |---|-|
     |   |N|
     |-|-|-|
     |b|1|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|5|
     |-|-|-|
     |a|1|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|6|
     |-|-|-|
     |c|1|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|5|
     |-----|

[...]

     * analysis 3 .

     set format = F20.3.
     data list file=glm.data notable  fixed /a 1 b 3 c 5 y 7-10(2).

     do if a=6.
     recode a (else=SYSMIS).
     end if.

     list.

     List
     Notes
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Output Created                               |20-JUN-2016 17:05:52|
     |---------------------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Comments                                     |                    |
     |--------------|------------------------------|--------------------|
     |Input         |Filter                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Weight                        |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
     |              |Split File                    |<none>              |
     |              |------------------------------|--------------------|
[...]

     . 1 5  3.80
     . 2 3  5.80
     . 3 1  7.00
     . 4 6  3.80
     . 5 4  5.00
     . 6 2  8.60

     Number of cases read:  36    Number of cases listed:  36

     glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .

     General Linear Model
     Notes

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Output Created                                       |20-JUN-2016
17:05:52                                                             |

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Comments                                             |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |N of Rows in Working Data File|36

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Missing Value Handling|Definition of Missing         |User-defined
missing values are treated as missing.                              |

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Cases Used                    |Statistics are
based on all cases with valid data for all variables in the model.|

|-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Syntax                                               |glm y by   b a c
       /criteria=alpha(.05)
       /design = a b c
       .                    |

|----------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |Resources             |Processor Time                |00:00:00.00

|------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
     |                      |Elapsed Time                  |00:00:00.01

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

     Between-Subjects Factors
     |---|-|
     |   |N|
     |-|-|-|
     |b|1|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|5|
     |-|-|-|
     |a|1|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|6|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|6|
     |-|-|-|
     |c|1|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |2|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |3|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |4|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |5|5|
     | |-|-|
     | |6|5|
     |-----|

[...]

Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3