pspp-dev

Re: pspp - cve-2017-10791 - cve-2017-10792

From: Chao Zhang
Subject: Re: pspp - cve-2017-10791 - cve-2017-10792
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 07:06:23 +0800

Dear Friedrich,

We are using smart fuzzing to test open source applications, including pspp. Our tool collAFL is an enhanced version of AFL.

The core of AFL is an genetic algorithm to automatically discover interesting test cases that trigger new internal states in the targeted application, which leads to a high code coverage. Our tool collAFL's improvement over AFL is that, it reduces some collisions in AFL's algorithm, and increases the code coverage of AFL.

The evaluation result is good so far. We found dozens of vulnerabilities in open source applications using collAFL. We are writing a paper about it. More details will be discussed in the paper. Once the paper is ready, we can share a copy with you, if you are interested.

Thanks,
Chao