pspp-users

Re: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 9

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 9
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:35:08 +0200

Hi

To John:

> The convention of using a -dev suffix to indicate "development" versions of libraries is a common to Debian
based systems, but is by no means universal.

Just as info. It is necessary on openSUSE 11 too to install these dev- libraries.

>Anyway, that's the reason why we don't give specific instructions for
installing on Debian/Ubuntu/openSUSE/... but leave it up to the
experts on those platforms to deal with such issues.

Good point, but I still asking myself if it wouldn't be better if there was a wiki where people could write down how they installed PSPP on there preferred distribution.
I know, moderating it.............. :-) Maybe somebody steps forward and will host such a wiki.

To Jae Cha:

>I have used openSUSE 11 64-bit as a guest OS of VMWare virtual machine, and had lots of problems with it

PSPP works fine on openSUSE 11 on VMWare. But the points you mention:
- using "./configure CFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline."
- ....I installed libglade-dev, the installation..
apply to openSUSE too. After that it installes fine. It then runs nice if you also change the path where to search for the libraries.
But I guess this is no difference situation as for other distributions.

Have fun