pspp-users

Re: 0.6.0-10 PSPP windows - Queries (WinXP)

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: 0.6.0-10 PSPP windows - Queries (WinXP)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 22:42:31 +0200

Hmm.. I am surprised that XP works without temp. I guess you have a lot of ram. (and some problems)

Is there a tmp environment variable? Check it with "set tmp".

It is normal that you have a tmp and temp environment variable. I would advice:
- In your case, check if C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Temp is available. If not create it.
- go to "This computer" right mouse click and then "preferences". Choose "advanced". Choose "environment variables".
 (the names might differ on your computer because I use windows in my own language. So my translation ccould be wrong.)
- Create a new one with the name "temp"  and the value "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp"
- if there is a tmp environment variable, this should have the same value. Otherwise I would say create it also. Few programs use it, but is is better to have the variable and let it point to the same directory.
- reboot

I wonder if this helps with the issues.

Have fun.