pspp-users

Re: configure can't find libraries

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: configure can't find libraries
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:06:19 +0800

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:09:25AM +1100, Jim Lemon wrote:
     Hi folks,
     Just tried to install PSPP and configure can't find some libraries:

     configure: error: The following required prerequisites are not
     installed.
     You must install them before PSPP can be built:
             libplot (or use --without-libplot)
             libgslcblas
             libgsl (version 1.4 or later)

     I don't really care about libplot, but I do have the others:

     /usr/local/pspp-0.6.0> locate libgsl
     /usr/lib/libgsl.so.0
     /usr/lib/libgsl.so.0.7.0
     /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0
     /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0.0.0

The fact that this command lists "libgsl.so.0" but not "libgsl.so"
(and likewise for libgslcblas) suggests  that you're using a
GNU/Linux system such as Debian or Red Hat, and that you've installed
the gsl library, but not the 'developer' package.

Most systems simply append "-dev" to the name of the package.  So you
will need to use some command similar to "apt-get install libgsl0-dev"
or "rpm --install libgsl0-dev" or whatever ...

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3