pspp-users

Re: psppire no output? (SuSE 10.3)

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: psppire no output? (SuSE 10.3)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:17:32 +0100

Hi

>(until yesterday the page said this works for 10.3 as well as 11.1)

It should still work for 10.3 (and 11.0)

>The program seems to run fine-- gui comes up, can enter, sort, add, recalculate
>and etc.. data, and I can merrily choose data to perform statistical ops on
>using "analyze", EXCEPT that no output window comes up so there are no
>statistical results. (no crashes occur)

I installed in this configuration numerous times and can't remember having seen this behavior.

>My machine is an intel P4 running OpenSuSE 10.3

No problem with that

>Re: above-referenced question, sorry, neglected to mention I installed from
>pspp-0.6.1-rc2.tar.gz, (not repository) and my machine is 32-bit if that wasn't
>obvious.

Although I won't recommend using a release-candidate when the final release is available, I don't see a clue in this.  32-bit is fine.

My hints.
1) Start PSPPIRE from a console and have a look if errors are displayed. Some errors are "normal". But it could give a clue about the problem.

and/or

2) Get the pspp-0.6.1 release build from one of the GNU mirrors http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html#gnu_mirror_list and rebuild PSPP using the wiki.  If it still doesn't work please post a small setup witch shows the problem.

and/or

3) Alternatively you can use the repository which I added to the wiki yesterday. Change 11.1 to 10.3 and it should work too.

Have fun