pspp-users

Re: version 0.7.5. crash

From: Matej Kovacic
Subject: Re: version 0.7.5. crash
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:12:25 +0200

Hi,

>> BTW, I tried regression with PSPP and SPSS 13. There are slight
>> differences in output. And syntax in very different (does not cross run).
>>
>> SPSS 13 syntax:
>>
>> REGRESSION
>>   /MISSING LISTWISE
>>   /STATISTICS COEFF OUTS R ANOVA
>>   /CRITERIA=PIN(.05) POUT(.10)
>>   /NOORIGIN
>>   /DEPENDENT C21
>>   /METHOD=ENTER F7 agea zenski .
>
> I can run the SPSS syntax on PSPP, to see why PSPP does not like
> it.  But I cannot run the PSPP syntax on SPSS, to see why SPSS
> does not like it.  Can you tell me what SPSS does not like about
> the PSPP syntax?

This is what SPSS (13) says:
================
Warnings

Text: C21
A variable was not named or implied on the primary variable list.
This command not executed.

Misplaced subcommand on REGRESSION command--Only the METHOD subcommand
can follow a DEPENDENT subcommand. Text found: STATISTICS.

*WARNING* REGRESSION syntax scan continues. Further diagnostics from
this command may be misleading - interpret with care.

And no computation, of course.

Regards,

Matej