pspp-users

howto importing sorted variables into existing file

From: Antje Haussen Lewis
Subject: howto importing sorted variables into existing file
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:10:56 +0100

As a relative newbie to statistics and pspp I have not been able to figure out how to do the following:

I have an open text response variable that I will be categorizing using the Coding Analysis Toolkit (http://cat.ucsur.pitt.edu/). I want to import the results (a set of around a dozen yes/no variables) into my existing .sav file to exist alongside the original responses.

Any ideas? Importing csv data only replaced the entire file, which was luckily only a copy..

Thanks,
AHL

--
GMX.at - Österreichs FreeMail-Dienst mit über 2 Mio Mitgliedern
E-Mail, SMS & mehr! Kostenlos: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atfreemail