pspp-users

Re: Upload data from Excel into PSPP while coding already exists

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Upload data from Excel into PSPP while coding already exists
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 15:23:23 +0000

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 03:12:03AM -0700, Elle21 wrote:

     Hello!

     We started using PSPP and did all the codings and variable labels etc. in
     the variable view. Now we would like to import data of respondents from an
     Excel file into that PSPP file, but PSPP always opens a new file. How can
we
     do that?
     Thanks a lot!!

Michel is right.  The easiest way is probably to convert to csv and then import
into PSPP.

However, if you intend to do a lot more of this kind of work, then PSPP can
directly
read from Gnumeric and OpenDocument spreadsheets.  So it might be worth
converting
your existing spreadsheet documents to one of these formats.  Then you can
pre-process
your spreadsheet data in Gnumeric ( http://gnumeric.org ) or a OpenOffice
compatible
application, such as LibreOffice ( http://libreoffice.org ) and import them
directly into
PSPP without having to bother with csv first.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3