pspp-users

Re: PSPP FEEDBACK

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP FEEDBACK
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 06:31:01 +0000

Many thanks for your comments.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:16:47PM -0600, Giovanny Leon wrote:

     The LEVENE test is included in your program as part of the T test used to
     compare means, but it is not included as a separate test, like the one
     included in the SPSS.

     My suggestion is to include in the PSPP the LEVENE test, in a similar way
     as the SPSS does. This will give, in my opinion, more strenght to your
     program.

I don't see such a command mentioned in the documentation for SPSS v20 Is this
something SPSS have very recently added?  Can you provide a reference for this
command and a description of its syntax?

     *2. Exporting graphs to other types of documents*
     **
     I?ve some difficulties exporting graphs to the Word program.  Instead of a
     graph, rows and columns of data appear in Word.

     I suggest in this case to review this issue.  In the SPSS, one can Copy a
     graph a the paste it in a Word document with no problem.

We are actively working on improving the graphs and the clipboard behaviour in
PSPP.  Hopefully these improvements will make it to the next release.

     I hope this feedback be useful in developing newer versions of the PSPP.

It sure is.  Feedback (both positive and negative) is always useful.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.