pspp-users

Re: Does PSPP works with Windows networks?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Does PSPP works with Windows networks?
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 10:18:07 +0000

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:04:40PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Ivan de Paula <address@hidden> writes:

     > My name is Ivan de Paula, I am from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
     > I am interested in using  PSPP for a database created in SPSS, I would
like
     > to know
     > if this software including Windows networking features so this database
     > could be accessed for
     > more than a user at the same time.

     PSPP doesn't have special features for that.

However, depending on exactly what you mean by "database", you may not need any
special fetaures.

If you mean a system file PSPP can access network files just like any other
files.  Of
course if two users try to write to the same file, you will need to take
precautions
against data loss, but reading from the same file should work without problem.

If however by "database" you mean a relational database, then PSPP currently
can access
only Postgres databases.  ODBC is not yet supported.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.