pspp-users

Recent PSPPIRE versions crash on startup

From: Dan Hunting
Subject: Recent PSPPIRE versions crash on startup
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 14:30:18 +0000

The last several versions of PSPPIRE.EXE crash before they even get to the opening screen for me All that comes up when I invoke the program is a window notifying me of a problem.

I’ve attached two screenshots of the error windows. The first simply says ‘psppire.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell Microsoft about this problem . . .’ At the bottom of this window it says ‘To see what data this report contains, click here.’ If I click there, the second screenshot is the result. It describes the ‘Error signature’ like this: ‘AppName: psppire.exe AppVer: 0.7.9.0 ModName: libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll ModVer: 2.24.8.0 Offset: 000081f4’

The most recent setup file I’ve tried is pspp-079-20120629-32bits-Setup.exe. I can get the program to open if I go back to pspp-master-20111111-Setup.exe. All versions in between crash as above. This is in a Windows environment, and the results are t he same on either a Windows 7 or a Windows XP machine.

Any suggestions?

- Dan Hunting