pspp-users

Re: how to transfer data from Excel to PSPP

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: how to transfer data from Excel to PSPP
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:12:17 +0200

Hello Jeremy,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 04:31:54PM -0400, Jeremy T. Canipe wrote:

     I am trying to find our how to transfer data from EXCEL (from Microsoft
     2007 office package) to PSPP (I think the version is No. 3but the program
     also references psppire.exe 0.7.10-g330012)

There are several ways, but I think the easiest is to "Save As" your excel
spreadsheet
into CSV format. Then in PSPPIRE, use File|Import Data  to read the .csv file.
If you use Gnumeric, LibreOffice or Openoffice instead of Excel for your
spreadsheets, then the intermediate .csv step will not be necessary.

     I am trying to learn how to use the program in order to analyze data for a
     proposed book project on the history of free African-Americans in
Wilmington,
     North Carolina before the American Civil War.  I've  done a lot of
"counting"
     from census records, court records, land and tax records, etc. but want to
     be able to fully analyze the data.

I wish you every success in this project.

     CONFIDENTIALITY

     The information contained in this transmission is privileged and
confidential. It
     is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
the
notified
     that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is
strictly

Do NOT post these threats and misinformation to this list!!  I believe
somebody has asked you that on a previous occasion.  African-Americans have been
emancipated.  GNU works to emancipate software and the right to use and copy it.
These kind of "confidentiality" statements do not help.

Thank you.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.