pspp-users

Re: 3 withstanding functions?

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: 3 withstanding functions?
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:24:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Fredrik,

I'm not a developer, but I have joined the project for a while to make a new
artwork for PSPP.

I read your post, and I can say that can make PSPP if some of the things you
mention.

→ Office: PSPP can interoperate with MS office or other office suite in many
ways.
If we talk only of the output file, it can be exported to a number of files
that are compatible with MS Office. For example if you want to work with Excel,
just export your PSPP output to CSV and import it into Excel. If you want to
keep the format, you can choose to export your PSPP output in HTML format and
then import it into Excel (also applies to Word or PowerPoint).
If you're working in Word, you can use export to OpenDocument Text (*.odt)
incorporated into PSPP (OpenDocument Format is supported on MS Office since
version 2007).
However if you just want to copy one or more tables or graphs directly from
PSPP output, just select the table or tables you need (from the sidebar) and
then copy (from the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C or from the edit menu) and then
paste in Excel, Word or PowertPoint.

→ As mention in section 3, there are some features that still do not have GUI.
For example, if in the output window showed up a context menu to select tables
or graphs with secondary click the "copy" option, many would have realized that
you can make that choice directly without exporting the entire file completely.

→ Finally if it is effective to change "variable names" to "variable labels" in
the various system dialogs. Made me want to open a dialog box, and the
secondary click option appears "prefer variable labels" which can be enabled or
disabled.

If considered an important feature to be included in PSPP (eg GUI for merging
files), please create a bug report with the corresponding request.

Regards

--
Bastián Díaz