pspp-users

Re: encrypted SPSS .sav files

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: encrypted SPSS .sav files
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:19:53 -0700 (PDT)

I think it's great. In this case, PSPP would complete interoperability with IBM SPSS native files.
Alternatively, if encryption is not just unsafe. Should we contact IBM to fix it?

What Michael said it makes sense, however, I believe that interoperability with SPSS not be broken, however as mentioned sometime in PSPP-users, it would be interesting to PSPP had a own file format without the artificial constraints imposed by IBM. (but that's additional time and effort on the part of the developers)

Regards
--
Bastián Díaz