pspp-users

Re: Can PSPP be used in an office by multiple users simultaneously?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Can PSPP be used in an office by multiple users simultaneously?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 08:34:30 +0200

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 09:12:50PM -0700, Allison T Diep wrote:
     Can PSPP be used in an office by multiple users simultaneously? We are now
     using SPSS, but have a limited license. Therefore, it is only possible for
     one person in the office to use SPSS at a time. Does this problem occur for
     PSPP too?

PSPP is not multi-user in the sense that several users could use the same
instance of PSPP at once, but I don't think that is what you are asking.

You are free to install as many copies of PSPP on as many computers as you
want. PSPP's licence says this:

  All rights granted under this License are granted for the term of copyright on
  the Program, and are irrevocable provided the stated conditions are met.

  [In otherwords, the licence does not "expire" like that of SPSS. The only
   circumstances in which your license will be revoked is if you deliberately
   violate it.]

  You may make, run and propagate covered works that you do not convey, without
  conditions so long as your license otherwise remains in force.

  [here, "without conditions" includes making and running as many copies as you
   like]

For full terms of licence, see https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3