pspp-users

Re: keyboard short cuts for executing syntax

From: ftr
Subject: Re: keyboard short cuts for executing syntax
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:15:20 +0000 (UTC)

John Darrington <john <at> darrington.wattle.id.au> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 09:03:27AM +0000, ftr wrote:
>      Using PSPP 0.8.2 and now 0.8.3 on windows to execute syntax the only
>      keyboard short cut available is ctrl-R for executing the line of syntax
>      where the cursor is currently situated.
>
>      Are there any other short cuts available that I did not find, for
instance
>      Execute selection ?
>
> Currently there are no such shortcuts.  If you can suggest some suitable
ones which
> do not conflict with any others, perhaps we could add them to 0.8.4

If there are no shortcuts left I would vote for reassigning ctrl-R for
executing a selection of consecutive lines of code, as in SPSS.

This would make the shortcut more versatile: you can use it for a single
line with ctrl-C and ctrl-R as well as for a number of consecutive lines.
If you group all lines with ctrl-A and then use ctrl-R you would be able to
run the entire code of a syntax file, too.