pspp-users

Re: PSPP-BUG: Bug in Factor Analysis

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP-BUG: Bug in Factor Analysis
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:34:15 +0100

I don't think this is a bug.  So I am replying to address@hidden

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 01:47:11PM +0800, dear bharat wrote:
     I have been trying a couple of Factor Analysis using PSPP. At times, the
     initial communalities are not set to one. Is there a way to set it to 1.

As I recall, the initial communalities are unity for Principal Components
Analysis
for Principal Axis Factoring they are unity only if the data are correlated.

     Also how can I compute factor scores from the analysis.

The factor scores are printed in the box headed "Factor Matrix" - but of course
that will only appear for Principal Axis Factoring.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3