pspp-users

PSPP Windows 7 Terminal mode

From: Joe Genshlea
Subject: PSPP Windows 7 Terminal mode
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 11:50:58 -0700

Hello-

I'm a big time NB, so please bear with me.

When running PSPP in terminal mode on windows the first character of the executed line carries forward to the following line.  I can't seem to get around this

Examples:

PSPP> GET DATA

PSPP> DATA LIST LIST

if I type "/" sometimes the cursor will tab forward and allow me to enter a subcommand, but then the following line will render with a "p"

PSPP> GET DATA
GET DATA
    > /TYPE=TXT
pTYPE=TXT

.1-5: error: GET DATA: Syntax error at `pTYPE': expecting `/'.

.1-5: error: GET DATA: Syntax error at `pTYPE': expecting TYPE.

I've installed two different versions on my Windows 7 computer and observe the same behavior. The version I'm currently running is PSPP-084-20150224

I know this must be really obvious.  Thanks for your patience.

Joe

--
Joe Genshlea
Revolution Wines

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

- Yogi Berra