pspp-users

Re: CTABLES

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: CTABLES
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 17:03:01 -0800

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 12:00:49AM +0000, Charles Johnson wrote:
>  Agree with you, the work done by BenĀ  is magnificent. If I'm not
> mistaken, only lack support for SPSS production jobĀ  and SPV
> files. Under the same argument, it would be very useful for all PSPP
> command had its counterpart in PSPPire.  But I insist that if there is
> a group interested in operating CTABLES, we must support it. Any
> further new feature compatible with SPSS should be welcomed.

I've done a lot of the work needed to figure out the format of SPV
files.  I'm working on publishing a format specification.  Then I'll
work on implementing a reader for it.

Would it be useful to add support for SPSS production job files?  That
would not be hard (much easier than SPV files or CTABLES).  I'd need a
bunch of examples of the format.

Thanks,

Ben.