pspp-users

Production Jobs

From: John Darrington
Subject: Production Jobs
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 10:10:43 +0100

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 01:36:01AM +0000, Charles Johnson wrote:

     From my point of view, production jobs are very useful to automate lengthy
and complex processes that are made recurrently. As PSPP add more commands, the
more useful they will be in the future.

How would they be more useful than any general method of automation?

For example, if you wanted to automatically download a file from a
location on the web, and analzse that, you could write a 3 line shell
script using wget and pspp.   You could even have cron run it every
day/hour/minute and upload the results somewhere.

I'm sure it would also be possible with "production jobs", but I wonder
what the utility is, reinventing the wheel to do something which can
already be done.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3