pspp-users

Count system missing columns

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Count system missing columns
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 10:44:12 -0600

I have a number of datasets with slightly different columns and I'm
wondering if I can wrote generic code in PSPP to count the missing columns.

For example, if I knew that the first and last column were, say, ID and
X100, then I could count the missing this way:

count miss = ID to X100 (MISSING).
execute.

But if I don't know the variable names, is there a way to specify all
columns?  The PSPP manual suggests using DESCRIPTIVES which is clever
but that won't create a column in the dataset (will it?).

If you're wondering why I'd want this, I'd like to use this code in
automatically resolving duplicates by keeping the duplicated case with
the most data.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat